Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Go Speedwalker!!!

Whew, It was a wicked weekend - wicked being good I guess.

I was nervous about going to the party Sat. night, but it turned out to be real good. I met up with a bit of an old flame, and things went well for the night, and, believe it or not, we're still talking days later. Yeah, I don't believe it either.

I had Monday off to celebrate the life of MLK(jr). Thanks Martin. We've had some funky weather here the past few days. I went to the party Sat. night abt 5:30. It was 50 degrees and rainy. I went to move my car around 11:00. It was 11 degrees and sleeting - hailing - snowing - ick. My doors were frozen, all the fun stuff. Then the wind picked up for the rest of the night and Sunday. 50 mph winds. Yay.

Sunday I had to drive to Washington CT for my neices bday. Washington's pretty much in the middle of fuckin' no where. My Sis's driveway is 1/4 mile long, and was a 1/4 mile of ice. All went well though. I got her a keyboard and it was a hit. I actually picked out a good gift.

Anyway, today was back to reality. I was having a crappy day at work, but it ended. Went to the gym. I finished out my workout, walked the track to cool down and almost fell over laughing my ass off. I was lapped by a old guy, dressed in red short shorts, with red stockings going down to his calves. He was doing the walk run thing - kinda like Hal did on Malcom in the Middle. I had my ipod on, and didn't realize, at first, that I was laughing out loud. I walked extra slow so he could lap me a couple of times. The dude was getting the whole hip action going and was doing the whole arm pumping thing while keeping them pasted to his sides. This poor bastard doesn't realize it, but he's made my day. Yay for speed walkers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home