Thursday, January 19, 2006

Diggin' the Tuck

I get my hair cut every third Thursday of the month (yeah, I'm a freak). I've been going to the same barber for years, who recently moved to Naugatuck, CT - aka, "the tuck". It's an old dried up factory town, but the area where the barber shop is located is like a flashback to the 50's. I freakin' love it. The street is lined with small capes, there are sidewalks, people walking, riding bikes (yeah, it's been a real warm January), and everyone waves hello to each other.

I stopped off in the Package store next to the barbar. For those who are not from New England, a Package Store is a Liquor Store. I open the door, and I'm greated by a warm hello from the clerk, and a nice labrador who wants attention. I was diggin' it.

Anyway, I was off this month. My apt. was on Wednesday instead of Thurs. I had to reschedule, but I still ended up haning around for 1/2 or so bullshitting with the other barbers, who offered me a beer - Yeah, my kinda place - however, I'm hoping they aren't hitting the beers during the day and cutting hair. I had to reschedule to tomorrow. It'll be like deja vu all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home