Saturday, February 18, 2006

80's Flashback

I got a text message a few days ago, telling me to go to the Lily Lake Inn on Friday night @10:00, for a good time with good music. I don't subscribe to text messages, so I couldn't tell who it was from, and I couldn't reply to it.

Last night (Friday) I was in Wolcott for Pizza and a few beers, and I got another text. This text said to be at Lily Lake for 9:00, hope to see you there. Well, I'm curious now, and the Lilly lake In is only a couple miles from where I was, so I finish my beer, and head on over to the Lilly Lake.

I walk in, not recognizing anyone, and am wicked freaked out. Everyone is dresses like it's 1985. It's not an eightys party. You can tell these people just never changed. I figure I'm here, might as well grab a beer, so I make my way to the bar only to hear someone screaming my name. I turn to find my buddy Nicki, from High school, and an entire table of folks I haven't seen in at least 10 years. It was awsome! We had a few more drinks and caught up on old times.

The band starts, and I'm really freaked out. It's Major Motion. It's a cover band, that used to play all the bars back in the day, and I guess they still do. They haven't changed a freakin thing. The set list is the exact same as it was last time I saw them, which was circa 1989!! Well I actually got up and danced, made from of the 80's freaks and had a blast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home