Friday, March 03, 2006

Now that's the good Catholic

Ok, so I did the whole ashes on the forehead thing on Wednesday, and abstained from eating meat, and even fasted during the day, but I'm having trouble with the whole no meat on Friday thing. I did good so far. It's like 7:30 in the pm, I had toast and coffee for breakfast, a delicious heaping baked ziti for lunch, and now, i'm sucking down my fourth beer, unable to decide what to have for supper. I think I'm going to have a buzz for supper - oop - got that already!

I felt guilty on Ash Wednesday. I ran to mass right after work and got the whole cross on the forehead thing, then ran to the gym. I had to do the brush off. I was afraid I'd be sweatin' ash right in my eyes. Does that kinda abate the whole meaning? My intentions were good, but what's the old expresion???

Anyway, time for another beer - and maybe I'll settle for a grilled cheese. Ummmm grilled cheese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home