Thursday, December 29, 2005

Hartford Hockey??


There's news the NHL may return to Hartford. The Courant says an investor wants to build a new civic center and bring back Hockey. Um... I know it's wicked premature, and most likely not happen, because we already have a civic center that the state is dumping $$'s into, and the NHL will never allow a team back into CT, but I'm gonna be the optimist, and say YAY!!!

I was heartbroken when the Whalers left. Yeah, I know they sucked, and they played in a mall (no, really, the Hartford Civic Center was located in a mall), but they were OUR Whalers.

When the Whale left, MSG took over running the civic center and gave us this bullshit farm team. Uh, yeah, MSG, the Rangers?? They get rid of a competitor, if not on the ice, then in ticket sales, and then they say, here's your consolation prize, our bullshit farm team - enjoy!! Well MSG is on its way out of Hartford, along with the Wolfpack. Um. bye bye!!!

Allrighty then. Yeah, sorry, still bitter 8+ years later. Had to go on a rant. Whew, I feel better now.

Hey, I'm getting better look, I got an image and a link in this post. Yay for Liam (me)

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Liam said...

Yeah, I'm commenting my own post.
The Whale image, and the color of the post go together well (or is it good?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home